As advocates for the overall well-being of your dogs, we proudly introduce our specialised physiotherapy services.
The Importance of Physiotherapy For Dogs
Canines, like humans, may face a range of health issues that can impact their mobility and overall wellness. Whether recovering from surgery, managing chronic conditions, or dealing with age-related concerns, pet physiotherapy can play a crucial role in facilitating recovery, reducing pain, and restoring function. At Anglesey Pet Clinic, our dedicated team of pet physiotherapists collaborates with veterinarians to create personalised rehabilitation plans tailored to each dog’s unique needs.
Therapeutic interventions can be administered either in the comfort of the pets’ home or during competitive events. Veterinary physiotherapy employs a comprehensive approach, incorporating static and dynamic assessments, palpation, and range of motion evaluations. These assessments collectively inform the development of a personalised treatment plan aimed at enhancing the overall functionality of the animals.
Key Benefits of Pet Physiotherapy:
- Pain Management: Canine physiotherapy helps alleviate pain associated with conditions such as arthritis, hip dysplasia, and orthopedic injuries. Through targeted exercises and manual techniques, we aim to enhance joint mobility and reduce discomfort.
- Post-Surgery Rehabilitation: Dogs recovering from surgeries, such as orthopedic procedures or joint replacements, can benefit from physiotherapy to regain strength, coordination, and range of motion.
- Improving Mobility and Flexibility: Aging dogs or those with chronic conditions may experience a decline in mobility. Our physiotherapy sessions focus on enhancing flexibility, strength, and balance, promoting a more active and fulfilling life.
- Weight Management: Obesity is a common issue in dogs and can exacerbate musculoskeletal problems. Our physiotherapy program includes exercises to support weight management, promoting a healthier lifestyle for your canine companion.
- Enhanced Muscle Strength: Targeted exercises help build muscle strength, addressing imbalances and supporting dogs in maintaining a strong and functional musculoskeletal system.
What To Expect At Your Appointment
- Body Condition Score
- Body Symmetry
- Muscle Mass
- Walk and Trot
- Lameness Score
- Gait Analysis
- Stride Length Analysis
- Joint Movement Analysis
- Identify Muscle Loss
- Identify Muscle Build/ Tension
- Identify Inflammation/ Swelling
- Identify Pain/ Trigger Points
- Assess Joint Movement
Treatment and Prescription
- Manual Therapies
- Remedial Exercise Prescription
- Home Environment Management