Cookie and Other Tracking Technology Policy
This policy should be read together with our Privacy Notice which sets out how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information generally. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal information and details of how to contact us and the supervisory authority if you have a complaint.
Who We Are
This website is operated by the Anglesey Pet Clinic Limited (collectively referred to as “we”, “us” or “our”). Our registered business address is Anglesey Pet Clinic. Cyttir Road, Holyhead, LL65 2SY.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our Website. These help us to recognise you and your device and store some information about your preferences, consents and or past actions. For example, we may monitor how many times you visit the Website, which pages you go to, traffic data, location data and the originating domain name of your internet service provider. This information helps us to provide more tailored content and improve our Website. Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your device when you access our website are designed by:
- IVC Evidensia and are necessary to enable you to use and make purchases on our Website
- Third parties who assist us with detecting and preventing fraud
- Third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes, including social media platforms
- Third parties who broadcast web banner adverts and in read adverts
What are cookies used for?
- Technical purposes essential to the effective operation of our Website
- To show you marketing messages online and on social media platforms where you have consented to marketing cookies
- To enable us to detect and prevent fraud
- Targeting suitable advertising messages to users of our Website
- To allow us to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including monitoring the success of our advertising campaigns and nding out if promotional information has been opened or interacted with.
We also use another type of tracking technology called pixels. Unlike a cookie which is stored on your device, a pixel is a tiny snippet of code that collects multiple data points over different webpages and sites such as how you browse and what types of ads you click on. This tiny piece of code can be linked to users via a unique identifier. We use pixels as they help us to show you more relevant adverts based on your likes and behaviours. They also help us to measure how successful our marketing programme is, track conversions and build our audience base.
Our Website includes Facebook, TikTok and Google Analytics pixels.
By consenting to marketing cookies, you are agreeing to the use of these pixels.
How can I turn off cookies and what are the consequences?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please read the guidance from the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Of ce, http://www.aboutcookies.org/ and http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
If you do change your settings, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of our website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to Contact Us
Changes to This Policy
This policy was published on 14/08/2023.
We may change this policy from time to time, when we do, we will inform you via our Website.
Copyright © 2023 Anglesey Pet Clinic Ltd Company’s registered name: Anglesey Pet Clinic Ltd Registered number: 06030097
Registered Address: Cyttir Road, Holyhead, LL65 2SY